Microsoft Outlook is one amongst the best application launched by Microsoft Corporation. Outlook was introduced mainly to have an unique email-client application. Outlook data are stored using .pst file extension. MS Outlook not only supports sending and receiving of emails but also its supports calendar items, contacts, notes, tasks etc.
Different Outlook versions comes with different file sizes such as in Outlook 2000 only 2 GB of file size was present like wise in Outlook 2003 and 2007 20 GB file size and in latest 2010 version file size was increased to 50 GB. In Outlook 2000 the main disadvantage was PST file would get corrupted or damaged due to less file size capacity. From pst file is too big to open problem, you cannot access Outlook application.
After accessing Outlook to view emails you might not delete unwanted mails from your inbox due to this, junk data will get increased and results in oversized PST file. To avoid oversized PST file, it is advisable to delete unwanted mails and data from different attributes which are present in your Outlook application.
Lets walk into scenarios of damaged PST file
CRC Error: In Outlook application when you’re sending large data, Outlook would assign unique CRC value and forward it. Receiving Outlook will match the CRC value, if both values are matched then it will open that particular mail or else it would display error message.
MS Outlook Crash: When you’re accessing Outlook application you might experience power surge. Due to this power surge, Outlook application might terminate improperly and this result in MS Outlook crash.
Virus Attack: As Outlook is an email-client application, Outlook installed system should be connected to internet in order to perform sending and receiving emails. As system is connected with Internet there are more chances of exposing to virus attack or PST file can get infected by receiving virus infected mails.
Features of Oversized PST software
- Oversized PST utility can repair PST file that cannot be repaired using in-built Inbox Repair Tool called as “Scanpst.exe”.
- It can repair password protected PST file. PST file with best/ high encryption can also be repaired.
- It can repair PST file which is created on Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 and it will support repairing of OST file too.
- This software performs regorous scanning of PST file and recovers its entire content. You can view repaired PST file’s contents through Outlook Style Browser view.
- Retrieve Outlook email messages, folders, calendar items, contacts, appointments, meeting requests, RSS feeds, tasks, journals and notes from Outlook PST file.
- This tool provides advanced features to search PST file in your computer, if you don’t know the stored location of your PST file.
- This tool is compatible on different versions of Windows operating system such as Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2007, Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows XP.
Simple Steps for repairing PST file
Step 1: Download Oversized PST file and install it in your system.
Step 2: When you launch this software you will receive three options such as “Open PST file”, “Find PST file”, “Select Outlook Profile”. Here you if you know the PST file location then select “open PST file” and if you don’t know the location then select “find PST file”.
Step 3: When you select “Open PST file” this tool will provide you with “browse” option through which you need to browse the location of PST file. If you select “Find PST file” then software will allow you to find PST file.
Step 4: After selecting PST file, you need to select what type of scan has to be taken place such as “Normal scan” or “Smart Scan”.
Step 5: After selecting the scan type, it will repair damaged PST file and display the contents through Outlook Style Browser View.
Step 6: If you’re satisfied with the Demo version, then upgrade to licensed version and save the recovered PST file contents to desire location.