Outlook developed by Microsoft Corporation is a personal information manager used to manage your emails, appointments, calendars and also other Outlook attributes in a single application which are stored on server. The Outlook files which are stored has a file extension as .pst and .ost.
PST: It is an Outlook data file which stores all your information and other items on your gadgets. This is most utilized ordinary file where information on Outlook is saved by all home users and also in some organizations.
By using Microsoft Exchange Server account, all your emails, appointments, calendars and other attributes are delivered and saved on server itself. But you can configure this Outlook data file for a separate copy of your attributes on gadgets named as Offline storage table (.ost), which permits you to work offline, if your internet connection to the exchange computer is unavailable. And also it synchronizes files automatically when internet connection is available.
But sometimes this OST files become inaccessible due to some reasons like corruption of OST file, synchronization error etc. So in order to make your files accessible you can convert these corrupted files to PST with the help of OST to PST converter. Check this out to know how to convert OST to PST. There are many reasons responsible for corruption of OST file some of them are discussed below.Synchronization errors: Since, OST file is an offline storage folder and it automatically synchronizes its data on connecting with Microsoft Exchange Server. Suppose, while synchronizing if any kind of error occurs in the application. Then, there are lots of possibilities for your OST file to get corrupt.
Improper methods of Outlook application termination: Sometimes, while working on MS Outlook program you may forcefully close the application by sudden shutdown of the computer, End the task on task manager, etc. might lead in corrupting your OST file.
OST file header corruption: Header of your OST, houses all the relative information’s of file like data of creation, name, and size so on. If the header get corrupted due to bad sectors. Then Microsoft Outlook application doesn’t opens properly and your Outlook.ost file may get corrupt.
Reason to choose OST to PST converter:
- This software is very easy to utilize and also don’t need any other additional qualities to work with this software.
- OST to PST converter software is read-only and non-destructive software, where it doesn’t change the original OST file instead it generates a fresh copy of PST file without modifying the original file.
- This software is scanned with powerful antivirus software’s by promising that there is no malware infection.
- This tool is capable of converting OST to PST on all versions of Microsoft Outlook like 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010.
- With the help of this software you can convert encrypted OST file, damaged OST file and also password protected OST file into healthy PST file.