Silicon Motion Announces World’s First Turnkey Merchant SATA 6GB/s SSD Controller Supporting 3D NAND
This represents the world’s first turnkey merchant SSD controller which supports 3D NAND from numerous vendors. The enhanced SM2246EN will add drive for the approval of the most price competitive high performance SSDs in the market. Turnkey SSD controller will allow SSD OEMs to start high performing SSDs featuring which is cost effective 3D NAND. 3D Power Loss Protection firmware technology defends against data loss in 3D NAND architectures. Beside the support of 2 TB capacity, its features include sequential read performance of up to 540 MB/s, write performance up to 410 MB/s, 80000 maximum random read IOPS and 75,000 maximum random write IOPS. SATA 6 GB/s SSD Controller supports SSD densities up to 2 TB, Toggle 2.0, ONFI 3.x and asynchronous NAND.
- Ultra high sequential read performance of up to 540 MBps and sequential write of up to 410 MBps
- It delivers up to 80000 random read IOPS and up to 75000 random write IOPS
- It also supports SSD densities up to 2TB.
- Supports ONFI 3.x, Toggle 2.0, asynchronous NAND
- It configurable ECC engine allows consistent data, performance throughout the complete SSD life cycle
- It ideally suited for client SSDs targeting laptops, tablets, ultrabooks and hard disk drive replacement
- Incorporates the most recent security protocols which is AES 256, TCG(Trusted Computing Group) and Opal full drive encryption compliant
- Supports both commercial and industrial grade requirements
- NAND X tend error correcting and data protection technology
- Supports the most recent 1x/1y/1z nm MLC and TLC flash
- It support future 3D MLC or TLC NAND.